Monday, January 14, 2008

Hood Lock Rods


I thought it was a good idea to have some way to lock the engine bay access doors on the side of the hood. I decided to put 3 eye bolts on each side of the hood and make a piece of pipe that would go through the eye bolts with a lock on one end. This pipe blocks the engine bay access doors from opening. I looked at many eye bolts trying to find ones that were not too large and not too small. I finally decided on an eye with a 3/8 threaded bolt on it.I was thinking of drilling 3 holes on each side of the hood for the eyes As it turns out there was a 3/8 bolt holding the hood together close to the spot that wanted the eyes. I removed the 3/8 bolts and substituted the eye bolts. I bought 2 pieces of 3/8 pipe and had them cut and threaded at 8 foot 4 in. I flattened one end of the pipe and drilled a hole for the lock. James found 2 locks at the station that I can use. I know that we are going to have a bunch of money in the motor and lot of hours of hard work. I feel better already that the engine bay is locked up.

No comments: