Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jun 24,25,26


The Whitcomb has 2 Zenith carburetors and 2 governor bodies The governor linkage did not fit up well so I decided that the governors were facing the wrong way. So I had to take them off make new gaskets and put them back on with the linkage facing in. I wired the coil, voltage regulator, and magneto. The cotter pins in the air compressor connecting rod were not through the castle nuts. I tried some different things and ended up putting lock washer under the nuts to bring them down far enough for the cotter pins to be effective. I crawled under the back axle to connect the clutch linkage. I found I had to loosen the clutch air cylinder to get the pin in the linkage. I did find the grease fittings for the axles. They are hard to get to without getting under the axles between the wheels.

No comments: