Friday, July 18, 2014


I went up to the museum with voltmeters, ammeters etc. I thought that the charging system had a short in it because the batteries were totally discharged after running in July 6. I put a 30 amp fuse in line with the alternator. I started the engine and measured the voltage of the alternator. I got 10 volts. I called Steve to ask if I could take the alternator to NAPA to have it tested. He said go ahead. NAPA’s tester was broken so I tried Autozone in Erie. Autozone asked what car is it out of and I asked what does it matter. They said they had to put it in the computer on the tester. It turns out that they couldn’t test it but knew of a rebuild shop in Erie. I took it to the rebuild shop. They tested it and gave me an estimate of $ 125. to rebuild it so I left it at the rebuilders to be rebuilt.

No comments: