Wednesday, May 17, 2017

I went up to the museum May 15th and charged the batteries on the Plymouth. I noticed on previous occasions that the brakes on the Plymouth were not releasing. This causes a lot of wear on the shoes and wheels. This time I saw a spring hanging unconnected on on part of the brake linkage. I thought, that spring should be connected to the lever next to it to release the brakes. I tried to release the brakes by hand, pulling on the linkage. It would not move. I connected a come-along to the linkage and released the brakes. I greased the shafts that work the brake mechanism. I connected the return spring and bought one for the other side. The brakes release now. I checked the levels of the gas, oil and coolant. I added two gallons of antifreeze mix to the radiator.

No comments: